Whenever winter hits I get so depressed. Exercise and light therapy helps but I’m really getting tired of the blahs. I’m single and an opportunity has arisen to move to sunny Florida. I love being closer to family but I think I may be happier there. Any suggestions?
Often people think a move to a new city is going to be the panacea for what ails them. The move may be a good decision for you but you need to realize what a huge upset to your daily routines this will create. Moving away from your family and friends and support systems will also stress you. If you are a person who likes new adventures and change you will adjust more easily. If not, you are wise to think this through very carefully before you make this decision. Also, it is advisable to not make this decision (nor any other life changing decisions) when in the throes of depression. Wait for a “sunnier” day outside, and as reflected in how you feel inside, to think this through. Don’t rush this decision; it’s too far reaching.
Embrace your Personal Power with Life Coaching~
- What more can you do to actively address and treat your depression?
- How do your family and friends help you when you are depressed?
- How could you tap in to their support if you moved away?
- Find someone who within the past year moved away from family and interview them on the pros and cons to moving.
- Make a list of the pros and cons you would expect to encounter with this move.
- What amount of time do you think you should take to carefully consider this move?
Joan Jerkovich is a Board Certified Life Coach. Contact her with your questions, or arrange a time to talk with Joan in person on her radio talk show!
Follow Joan’s Life Coaching questions Daily and share your COMMENTS at www.joanjerkovich.com